Poongar Raw / Poongar Pacharisi
Regular price Rs. 132.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Poongar rice, also called as ‘Poongar arisi’ is one of the traditional rice varieties of Tamilnadu. It is rich in anthocyanin (an antioxidant), which gives it a reddish brown colour and a nutty flavour.
- It contains minerals like Iron, Zinc, Magnesium and Molybdenum. Its husk is also quite nutritious and tasty.
- Poongar rice is one of the most wonderful options for making soft idlis, dosas(especially Neer Dosa) and porridge. It has numerous health benefits. It is helpful for pregnant women; Its kanji (usually called Pez, water extracted from boiled rice) is said to induce normal delivery in pregnant women.
- The anthocyanin (antioxidant) helps to kick out the bad sweat from the body and aids healthy living. It boosts the immune system by increasing the haemoglobin content in blood. It contains vitamin B1 which is specially helpful in relieving mouth and stomach ulcer and other stomach related issues.
- It is a helpful remedy for headache and is said to boost memory. It also prevents the glucose from mixing in the blood stream, thus preventing ‘diabetes insipidus’.